Here's a listing of my performance related dates...if you're in the area, I'd love to see you there! Look for my Cook Book Concert Tour in 2013 to support, "Musicians, Memories & Morsels ~ An East Coast Story Cook Book!"
1. Monday, June 10th - Adsum House - Private Event - Special Cooking & Music event - Evening
1. Saturday, May 4th - Chapters Book Signings - HALIFAX Store: Noon - 1:30PM....DARTMOUTH Store: 2:00-4:00PM
2. Wednesday, May 8th - South Shore - Mental Health Speaking/Performance (School related) - 7:00PM-9:30PM
3. Thursday, May 16th - Tema Conter Foundation Gala - Evening - Halifax (Location TBD) - Lana Grant to perform a special song she wrote for the event (Mike Cowie Band is the headlining band + Rhapsody Quintet)
4. Friday, May 24th - 7:00pm-10:00pm - Womens Wellness Expo (Cole Harbour Place) - Performing as a trio for the Wine and Chesse Party. http://womenswellbeingexpo.com
5. Writing and Recording CD #5 - (April-July)
1. Thursday, April 4th - QE2 Media Launch - performance (The Fountain's donation announcement of funds to support the new "Stay Connected" Mental Illness initiative)
2. (DUE TO LARGE SNOWFALL PREDICTED THIS WEEKEND, THIS EVENT IS BEING RESCHEDULED TIL SEPT 14th)
Saturday, April 13th
3. Monday, April 22nd - P'Lovers - instore candle-light performance and book signing - to support Earth Day - 7PM
4. Writing and Recording CD #5! (April-July)
1. Media Book Launch at Chives - March 8th - noon-1:30pm - Musician's Memories & Morsels Press & Artist Launch - Chives Restaurant (proud to have them as an official cook book sponsor!) - by invitation only - for invitation inquiries, please contact: email@example.com . Come and listen to the evolution of the cook book from Lana Grant, The Designer - Darren Hubley, Project Coordinator - Adriana Afford...the event will also feature music and of course some delicious food sample from Chives! http://www.chives.ca/
2. East Coast Music Awards - Cook Book Promo throughout March 7-10th
3. Adsum House - 6th Annual Blooming Tea (fundraiser) - Thursday, March 21 - 2:00pm - Tickets $30 ... http://www.adsumforwomen.org/adsum-event/2013-blooming-tea
4. Fables - Tatamagouche - Saturday, March 30th - 7:00pm - Tickets $10 (Members Free) Acoustic performance and promotion of the Musician Cook Book Stories - lots of behind the scenes moments and details that made this such a special project. http://www.fablesclub.com/
CHAPTERS....we hope to have the cook books available in their stores by the end of this month...Date TBA!
1. Saturday, February 2nd - Exclusive Tour Tech Party - Performance time 9:00pm (Burnside, Dartmouth, NS)
2. Tuesday, Febraury 2nd - Blind Date with a Star - 5:30PM-10:00PM - Corporate Charitable Event in Support of the Learning Disabilities of NS - World Trade and Convention Centre (+ a bounty of local restaurants around HRM)
3. February 26 & 27 - Promo Video shoot for the Cook Book Concert Tour and general book promotion. It will be filmed by the super talented Analog Songs crew (www.analogsongs.ca).
4. Wednesday, February 27th - Cook Book "Official" Launch Concert - The Carleton (HFX) - 8:00PM (2 sets) - $15/per ticket - tickets available at www.thecarleton.ca or by calling #902-422-6335. Plan to come early, have some dinner, mingle with the artists ahead of the show and purchase a copy of the cook book to flip through while enjoying the concert (Cook Books and CD's available at the show, cash & credit cards accepted) - maybe even snag an autograph on the artist's recipe page! Lana to share the stage with a variety of Cook Book contributing musicians for an amazing night of music (see confirmed list below). The Carleton will also be featuring some dinner specials from the Cook Book.
Dave Carroll - www.davecarrollmusic.com
Rich Aucoin – www.richaucoin.ca
RyLee Madison – www.ryleemadison.com
Kim Wempe - www.kimwempe.com
5. Thursday, February 28 - Oxford Theatre (Oxford NS) - Evening Music Show - Tickets TBA....Fundraising concert in support of Paige Black's humanitarion journey to Rawanda as part of the Reflections on Rawanda program in May 2013. Paige was one of 15 youths selected to travel there to bare witness to the country's history (including the outrageous genocide that saw the murder of 800,000 people in merely 100 days!), to examine opportunities for that country's future, meet with numerous groups from high ranking officials to families & students from that region and finally to return to Canada as an ambassador to affect change within Rawanda.
As a side note....Paige is Lana's God-child and she's extremley proud to support Paige's efforts. Paige has the qualities we hope more youth would seek and engage in with a desire to make not only her community, her province and her country better, but also the world as a whole. Paige was also the recipient of the Youth Humanitarian Award in 2011 for her work/travels to Haiti and Kenya. If you would like to support Paige's efforts and are not able to attend the concert, a link will be posted shortly to make that possible.
6. The Cook Book will be going into Chapters at the end of February! Lana will be doing some book signings (TBD) in March!
1. Eastlink Magazine TV Special - Channel 10 - Airs various times throughout the week of Jan 6th
2. Wednesday, January 9th - Anthem at the Canada Games Centre (Hockey Game) - 5:30pm
3. MainStreet CBC Radio interview - Week of Jan. 7th - Time TBD (Have a chance for a listener to win a copy of the book!)
1. Saturday, December 1st - Dartmouth Tree lighting/Alderney Landing Concert - Immediately following the tree lighting, Lana will lead the crowd in a parade singing carols to Alderney Landing. Alderney is then featuring Lana in an outdoor concert at their Christmas Kindle Market. There will also be carousel rides, an indoor/outdoor market with all the perfect trimmings to make a wonderful family/friend night out! Come enjoy the warm apple cider or mulled wine, roasted nuts and food galore. Stock up on Christmas presents sold by local businesses and artisan's - you won't want to miss this - it's a great launch into the Christmas Spirit! But don't get caught under the mistletoe :)
2. Sunday, December 2nd - Christmas Daddies - time TBD - will be singing "Grown up Christmas List"
3. COOK BOOK "Musicians, Memories & Morsels ~ An East Coast Story Cook Book" officially becomes available for sale with pre-release copies on Dec. 1st! Look for the official launch in Jan. 2013! (Check www.musicianmorsels.com for retail locations or online purchase options)
4. Saturday, December 8th - 9am start time - Cook Book Signing at Cole Harbour Place
5. The Week of Dec. 9th - Eastlink Magazine Special on Lana to air the week of Dec. 9th...we will update if a more specific time and date are identified. Channel 10
6. Saturday, December 15th - Cook Book Signing at Alderney Landing (Lana Grant + musical guest Rachel MacLean, Pete MacDonald and maybe more) - Upstairs in the beautiful solarium style theatre lobby. Approx. from 10am-11:30am. We will have Free munchies, prize giveaways, Music, Cook Book Holiday Gift Bag Special ($35 for an autographed Cook Book, packaged in a hoilday gift bag with tissue, decorative candy cane tied with ribbon). Hope to see you there! Merry Christmas :)
7. Friday, December 21st - Cook Book Signing - Comfort & Joy (Park Lana Mall Location) - noon-2:00pm. Purchase the "Musicians, Memories & Morsels" Cook Book stocked inside the store and Lana will be there to sign it between the noted hours. PLUS, the store is filled with hundreds of wonderful gift ideas to clear up your last minute Christmas Shopping...I know I'll be buying up some wonderful local products there!
8. Saturday, December 22nd - Cook Book Signing - Garrison Brewery (Marginal Rd - HFX) - 10:00am - Noon....featuring the $35 holiday gift bag special!
9. Sunday, December 23 - Cook Book Signing - Atlantic News (Morris St) - 1:00pm-3:00pm...featuring the $35 holiday gift bag special!!
Saturday, November 3rd - Fables - evening show (Tatamagouche, NS) http://www.fablesclub.com/ (Cancelled due to Fables closing that weekend - being rescheduled to perform in 2013)
2. November 8th-11th - Nova Scotia Music Week - Liverpool NS - Awards and Conference
3. Wednesday, November 14th - Progress Women of Excellence Awards - World Trade and Convention Centre, Halifax, NS - 6:00pm-11:00pm, Lana will be accepting her award for Women of Excellence in the Arts and Culture Category. Tickets available at http://www.gifttool.com/registrar/ShowEventDetails?ID=1883&EID=13120
2. Friday, October 19th - Petite Riviere Vineyard - 8:00pm - Lana Grant with very special guest "Ryan Cook" will be performing at the Winery. The Fall chill may be in the air by then, but between the great wine and music you may need to bring a fan because it will be a hot spot! Stories, songs, laughter, possibly tears...and maybe even a duet or two - plus Lana will be chatting about the upcoming "Musicians, Memories & Morsels ~ An East Coast Story Cook Book" that is due out the first week of December! Seating is limited. For reservations: (902) 693-3033 or info@PetiteRiviereVineyards.ca www.petiterivierevineyards.ca - See you there!! (For more info on Ryan - check out www.ryancook.ca)
3. Friday, October 19th - Halifax Regional Police Change of Command Ceremony (Welcoming in the new Chief of Police) - 10:30am - Pier 21, Private function
4. Sunday, October 21st - By the Bay Bed and Breakfast (Glen Margaret, NS) - Evening Concert (time TBD, but likely 7:00pm or 8:00pm) - With very special guest - RYAN COOK! This is a beautiful waterfront location that will set the tone for a wonderfully intimate night of songs and stories. Lana will be joined by Chris Iannetti and Pete MacDonald on Acoustic Guitars/Vocals. She will also be sharing some info about her upcoming cook book featuring approx 50 well known East Coast artists...you may even talk her into revealing a few story and recipe hints from the book! There will even be a chance to pre-order this limted addition book at this show, which is being launched the first week of December and will likely sell out long before Christmas. By the Bay have also submitted a wonderful recipe and story for this cook book - not to mention the yummy breakfast recipes they list on their own website!
Address: 10502 Peggy's Cove Rd, Glen Margaret, NS. Website: www.bythebaybandb.ca
Ryan Cook - www.ryancook.ca
1. Saturday, September 8th - at Lanes Privateer Inn, Liverpool, N.S. - Evening Show (8:30PM - 11:00PM) http://www.lanesprivateerinn.com
2. September 25 - Westin Hotel, Halifax, NS - Singing the Anthem at the Police Long Service Awards for NS - - Morning (Private Function)
3. Thursday, September 27th - At the Cole Harbour Heritage Museum - Time TBD (This is a charming place to enjoy an intimate concert setting!) http://coleharbourfarmmuseum.ca/index.shtml
4. Saturday, September 29th - Cole Harbour Place (Scotia 1) - 7:00PM - Singing the Anthem for the Pro Hockey Life Harbour Storm Major Bantam Hockey Club
5. **RESCHEDULED until OCT. 14th DUE TO BAD WEATHER!*
Sunday, September 30th - Halifax Waterfront - Summit Plaza "On the Boardwalk Concert Series"...2:00PM - by the visitor information centre...(put on by "Sea-Dee's...for their full concert series line up running Aug. 26- Oct. 7 check out their link http://www.sea-dees.com/www.sea-dees.com/Events.html )
1. Tuesday, August 7th - Noon til 1:00PM - Alderney Landing Lunch Series (this event is held outside weather permitting)...Bring your lunch and a lawn chair and enjoy a nice break from your day! They say Dartmouth has the best view :) http://www.alderneylanding.com/events/other_events.html
1. Blind Date With a Star - Monday, January 23, 2012 (6pm) - World Trade and Convention Centre - Restaurant Location TBD
1. Saturday, December 3rd - Headlining at Alderney Landing (Dartmouth Waterfront)...Join me (and a local choir) after the tree lighting at Sullivan's Pond singing Christmas Carol's as we make our way on foot to the Alderney Landing waterfront - once there I'll be joined by my band for a 45-50min live show full of more great Christmas songs and some original works. Once there enjoy the huge and beautiful German Christmas Market Event with an outdoor carousel ride, tented and beautifully lit up vendors featuring Christmas wares and yummy food! 6:oopm (approx) start from Sullivan's pond - Alderney performance at (approx) 7:30pm
2. Sunday, December 4th - Christmas Daddies (Presented by CTV) - televised performance...time TBA
1. Saturday, November 19th - Pro Hockey Life Harbour Storm Major Bantam Hockey Club (Cole Harbour Place) - 7:00pm (performing the National Anthem)
2. Wednesday, Nov 30th - I'm going to see Prince at the Halifax Metro Centre - a musical hero of mine - It's a event in my life, so I couldn't resist posting!
1. Saturday, October 15th - Turbine Fashion Showcase...Casino Hotel - Schooner Room (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 7:00pm start time...(advance tickets only - event is almost sold out!) Event info at : http://www.turbine.ca/#!__turbine-fund (Performance also featuring a dance element by Studio In Essence: http://studioinessence.com)
2. Sunday, October 16th - Live Web Radio Interview on Acoustic Roundtable - 8:00pm (Central Standard Time....10:00pm Atlantic Time)
(click here to get through to the station link) AR Session 32 Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/acousticroundtable/2011/10/17/witrr-session-32
3. Tuesday, October 18th - The Company House - NSCC Event (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 8:30pm (acoustic performance with Lana Grant and Chris Iannetti)
4. Wednesday, October 19th - Atlantic Women in Law Enforcement Conference - Atlantica Hotel (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 9:00am (performing the National Anthem)
5. Saturday, October 29th - Pro Hockey Life Harbour Storm Major Bantam Hockey Club (Cole Harbour Place) - 7:00pm (performing the National Anthem)
1. Friday, September 9th - Children's Wish Fundraiser Event - Big Leagues (Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia) - Approx 7:00pm
2. Saturday, September 17th - Head 2 Toe, It's a Girl Thing Event - at the Cunard Centre (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 1:15pm-1:45pm
3. Saturday, September 24th - Pro Hockey Life Harbour Storm Major Bantam Hockey Club (Cole Harbour Place) - 7:00pm (Performing the National Anthem)
4. Wednesday, September 28th - Halifax Regional Police Long Service Award Ceremony (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 11:00am (performing the National Anthem)
1. Tuesday, July 5th - Alderney Landing Waterfront (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) - Noon-1:00pm
2. Saturday, July 23 - Bayers Lake...Best Buy Concert Tent (Halifax, Nova Scotia) - 11:00am-noon
Tune into 105.9, Seaside FM, to hear my live on air chat with Paul Kennedy. We'll be talking about my new CD and upcoming CD launch concert on Friday, June 3rd.
Cole Harbour Woodside United Church - 15 Bissett Rd (Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia - Canada)
Lana Grant with Special Guest DAVE CARROLL!!
7:00pm-9:00pm with CD signing (Meet & Greet) and light refreshments afterwards
A night of music magic and a concert you won't want to miss!! Only 230 tickets available! Lana will be performing songs from her latest CD, Non Fiction, as well as some of her previous hits along with a few of her favourite songs by other artist's!
**Dave Carroll confirmed as the special guest artist...They will perform their duet (Aftermath) from Lana's new CD, as well Dave will be sharing some of his solo work with us!
Lana will be accompanied by a full band, but in a more intimate setting in a soft seated venue. There will even be a professional film crew on hand recording a live concert video production of the show!
Ticket price: $15 ( They went on sale Thursday, May 12)
Available for Sale at :
Vibe Energy - 971 Cole Harbour RD (in Plaza Mall near the Salvation Army) ... http://vibeenergy.wordpress.com/about/ (Show your ticket stubb and a 1 week free trial at Vibe Energy)
Jamieson's - 5 Cumberland Drive (Cole Harbour - beside the Blockbuster) http://jamiesons.ca/Jamiesons/Welcome.html (Show your ticket stubb and get a half price entree with the purchase of a full price entree, beverage purchase required)
ALL YOGA - 250 Baker Drive, Suite 230 (Turn off by the Portland St Mcdonalds) http://www.allyoga.ca/bliss/
If you do want to secure a ticket and can't make it to these locations, please forward an email via the Keep in touch link at the bottom of the page.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Submit your personal story or answer multiple choice questions for a chance to win bi-weekly prize giveaways. As well, there will be a grand prize for the winning STORY submission that will see your story come to life in a song written by Lana, which will be released on the website shortly after the contest ends...The grand prize winner will also receive a Kobo e-reader and a SWAG prize pack! So don't miss out on your chance to be a part of this opportunity!
The official CD launch of "non fiction" will be taking place mid-late March. The CD is currently available in hard copy form on the discography page.
Many thanks to the great volunteers, staff, celebrities and event guests who continue to make this event such a sucess.
Check out my Karma blog (week of Jan. 21) for a little shout out to the folks I had the pleasure of dining with - along with the details of the yummy dinner we were blessed to partake in!
Plans are in the works for Lana's CD Launch (Non-Fiction) and supporting promotional campaign/performances. (Winter/Spring 2011)
Launch planned for Winter 2011 in Halifax (location TBD)
- Additional tour dates to be posted soon.
*Look for a really exciting contest in relation to this launch coming soon - lots of prizes to be won along with a chance to get your story heard!*
Monday, Jan.18, 2010
(In support of the Learning Disabilities Assoc. of NS) – Private function at the World Trade Centre - Halifax
*What a terrific event - had a fantastic time! Check out my event follow up blog in the Storyteller section.
Recording completed in Dec. 2010.
Mastering to took place in Toronto in Dec. 2010
Official CD launch in winter 2011.
CD now done and printed! Expect to hear more news shortly regarding upcoming performances and CD launch party, along with a prize packed contest on my site coming in Feb, plus even more great things for 2011!
Sept. - Nov., 2009
Sign up and get a free MP3!